Sabah Museum

During my school days, I remember my school used to organize field trip after the year end exam. Teachers will distribute the field trip permission slip and students will not be allowed to take the trip unless parental permission is granted. We used to visit the National museum, library, factories and even Palace! Of course all of us were so excited for the day to come. However, as I grow up, it's sad to say that I no longer visit the museum. I can barely recall when was the last time I went to the museum. Maybe I'm not a museum person and find it pretty boring. 

Since I'm currently here in Sabah and I have yet to visit the Sabah Museum, I decided to make a trip there. Admission fee is RM 2 and you will get a one day pass to the Sabah Museum and Islamic Civilisation Museum. Taking photograph in the exhibition hall is prohibited. So, I can only show some of the photos taken outside the museum and also the Heritage Village. Entrance to the Heritage Village is free of charge.

I spend an hour in the museum and another hour in the Heritage Village. The museum is dimly lit and some of the area is under renovation. I went on a weekday and there's not much visitors. Most of the time, I was the only person in the exhibition room. Somehow, it gives me the creeps due to the dimly lit room. On the other hand, I quite enjoy the Heritage Village. I get to enjoy the greenery around the pond and experience different types of traditional houses. Inside some houses, there's people selling handicraft such as necklace and bracelet made from beads. Before entering the Heritage Village do take note of the below notice:

Heritage Village notice
a) Remove all footwear before entering the house
b) Smoking, eating and drinking in or near the house are prohibited
c) Littering and spitting in the house are forbidden
d) Do not run while in the house
e) All children under 12 years old must be accompanied by adult
f) Perambulators or strollers are not allowed in the house
g) Animals / pets are not allowed in the house and its vicinity
h) Do not remove or disturb and plant in the compound or labels from the exhibits and artifacts from the house

Admission charges to the Sabah Museum:
a) Malaysian - RM 2
b) Non Malaysian - RM 15
c) Students in uniform / student card - free
d) Senior citizens aged 55 years and above - free
e) Children aged 12 and under - free
f) Disabled visitors - free
g) Taxi driver - free



Sabah Museum


Sabah Museum


I couldn't find any tag or label. I guess it's an old cannon?


Locomotive No. 7 Sir Ralph Hone


Label not displayed. I have no idea what it is.


Model: AJS; Year of manufacture: 1952 
35 years old 350cc four stroke machine bears an old Jesselton number plate J1206


Model: Vauxhall Velax; Year of manufacture: 1956


Model: Audi; Year of manufacture: 1972


Model: Wolseley; Year of manufacture: 1959


Entrance to the Sabah museum


Islamic Civilisation Museum


Heritage Village


Hanging bridge - capacity 10 persons at one trip


Rungus longhouse


Murut longhouse


Interior of Murut longhouse


Interior of Murut longhouse (bedroom)


Blow-pipe making platform


Latex processing hut


Bisaya house


Interior of bisaya house


Interior of Bajau house


 Interior of Bajau house


Iranun house


Suluk house


 Interior of Suluk house 


Hakka house


Interior of Hakka house


Lotud house


Interior of Lotud house


Pond


Pond


Pond


Pond (Photographer in action)


Pond


Panorama view of the pond


Address:
Kompleks Muzium Sabah
Jalan Muzium,
88300 Kota Kinabalu,
Sabah
Opening hours: 9am - 5pm (Daily)
Tel: 088 - 225 033

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah