Bungaraya Island Resort, Sabah - Day 2

Complimentary breakfast is served to all in-house guests at Longhouse Restaurant daily from 7.30am to 10am. Since my partner and his friends plan to go for canopy walk which was scheduled at 9am, we decided to go for early breakfast at 7.30am.

Longhouse breakfast consists of:
One hot dish item served with a bread basket, butter, jam and honey and a fruit platter.

Additional items will be served upon request:
a) Bread basket - mini Croissant, mini chocolate roll, mini fruit lattices, muffin, white or brown toast with butter, jam and honey
b) Cereals - choices of corn flakes, cocoa pops or muesli served with milk (full, skimmed or soy) or yogurt (plain or fruit)
c) Yogurt - plain or with fruits
d) Mix salad - bowl of mix salad and cherry tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette
e) Tropical seasonal fruit platter
f) Assorted nuts - selection of nuts and dried fruits

Hot dishes:
a) The Longhouse brekkie
b) Three eggs scrambled
c) Three eggs omelette
d) Egg Benedict
e) Egg Royale
f) Malaysian toast
g) Homemade banana bread
h) Overnight Muesli
i) Banana pancakes
j) Nasi goreng kampung
k) Tuaran fried egg noodle
l) Kon lau mien

Basically, their breakfast menu is quite similar to Macac Restaurant at Gayana Marine Resort. They only served fresh watermelon and honeydew juice. I ordered the Longhouse brekkie (comes with scrambled eggs, grilled sausages, petit marinated sirloin, oven baked tomatoes, hash browns, savory tomato relish and sauté shiitake mushrooms) while my partner ordered nasi goreng kampung (Malay fried rice with shrimp sambal, anchovies, long beans, shredded egg omelette and fine anchovies sambal). As usual, their service is very slow and it took almost 40 minutes for our hot dishes to arrive. By the time our food arrive, it's no longer hot and my Longhouse brekkie doesn't taste good at all. We requested some yogurts and fruit platters but it came 45 minutes later. I wonder what took them so long to bring us a cup of yogurt. Apart from that, their sugar sachets have been around awhile as it's lumpy.

My partner and his friends were rushing to eat their breakfast because they need to gather at the reception area around 9am for the canopy walk. Me on the other hand decided not to go because I did not bring my sport shoes. It's recommended to wear shoes for the canopy walk. Since I have plenty of time to kill, I just hang around the restaurant and take my own sweet time to have more fruits and juice. Then I found out from one the staff the reason for slow service was due to some VIP guests were around. What makes me uneasy are the double standards revealed. Our society... sad but true...

We had our late lunch at Longhouse Restaurant again since there's no other option left. I had classic Caesar salad (comes with hard boiled egg, croutons, Romaine lettuce, anchovies, beef bacon, parmesan and chicken breast) while my partner had mee mamak (a street hawker stall inspired Indian wok fried yellow noodle, puff bean curd, white cabbage, egg, tomato, seasonal greens, calamansi, fresh coriander and fried shallot). You may choose either chicken or seafood. His mee mamak tastes much better than I expected. I regretted ordering Caesar salad after tasting his mee mamak!

After our late lunch, I walked over to the reception area and informed them that they can skipped housekeeping for our room but kindly replenish our toiletries and mineral water. To my surprise, I was told that the mineral water is chargeable at RM 3 per bottle. I tried to reason with her but she wouldn't listen. So I told my partner about it and he accompanied me back to the reception area. This time she told us it's complimentary after confirming with the housekeeping staff. Somehow I felt that these are basic things that front desk should be aware of. Sadly she never apologize for her mistake.

It started raining very heavily in the late afternoon. So we head back to our room and catch a movie. We had our dinner at 6.30pm. This round we ordered kerabu ayam (shredded chicken breast salad, tossed with ginger torch, chili, fragrant desiccated coconut, fresh local herbs and lime), sweet and sour fish (comes with seabass, tomatoes, capsicum, onion and chilies), traditional beef rendang (New Zealand striploin - signature Malaysian dish) and tiramisu trifle (layers of Mascarpone cheese and lady fingers soaked in espresso). All the dishes came within 30 minutes. (I guess the VIP guests went home this afternoon?). Compared to yesterday's dinner, food taste average today. Apart from that, I don't really enjoy my dessert because they oversoak the lady fingers with espresso. Guess I'll be having a sleepless night...


Bread basket


Bread basket


The Longhouse brekkie


Tropical seasonal fruit platter


Tropical seasonal fruit platter


Fruit yogurt


Bungaraya Island Resort


Bungaraya Island Resort


Bungaraya Island Resort


Bungaraya Island Resort


Bungaraya Island Resort


Lotus pond


Longhouse Restaurant


Mee mamak - RM 32


Classic Caesar salad with chicken breast - RM 35


Kerabu ayam - RM 25


Traditional beef rendang - RM 42


Sweet and sour fish - RM 45


Plain rice


Tiramisu trifle - RM 23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah