Taiwan - Day 1 (Taipei - Taoyuan)

It's my third trip to Taiwan and this time it's all about free and easy. We took the 6.10am flight and reached Taoyuan International Airport around 9.30am. The long queues at immigration counters in airport took us more than half an hour to get through. By the time we collected our checked in luggage it's almost 10.30am. Weather is gloomy and cool around 22'C. Our friend Ben came and fetched us from the airport. First thing he did was to bring us to this breakfast shop.

This shop is Ben's regular breakfast place. I only had one piece of hash brown in the morning before our flight and the timing was just nice for brunch when we reached Taoyuan. We ordered noodles with fried egg, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and cheese pan cake. Love the chicken nuggets. It's small, crispy on the outside and easy to eat. Whereas for the pancakes, it's light, not too thick and not too thin.



頭家娘早午餐


Soy bean milk & milk tea - NT 15 each and orange juice - NT 20


Noodles with fried egg


Hot dogs - NT 15


Chicken nuggets - NT 20


Cheese egg pancake - NT 25


After brunch, he fetched us back to his place. His place is just 8 minutes walking distance to National Taiwan Sport University Station. It's so convenient and just right opposite his place there's 7-eleven, Family Mart and other food eateries. We decided to take a short nap since we woke up as early as 3.30am to catch the 6.10am flight. 

We had our tea break at Family Mart around 4pm. I had this innocent honey cake with my favourite milk tea while my partner had his favourite sausages. Somehow this favourite milk tea of mine doesn't taste as good as the first time I had it one year ago. Still feeling hungry, I decided to grab an ice cream none other than my favourite flavour - strawberry! To my disappointment, the ice cream was bland with little strawberry flavour. My partner on the other hand went and grab a bottle of Lay's potato chips.



Tea break snacks - NT 134


Strawberry ice cream - NT 45


Lays - NT 45


Bags for collecting dog droppings


Our friend brought us for early dinner and we had buffet dinner at Noble Family Steak House. We arrived around 6pm and the restaurant was quite empty. Basically you just need to order a main course and you can eat all you want their side dishes. I ordered lemon salmon hotplate with udon noodles while my partner had rib eye steak with udon noodles. Salmon was fresh and I just love the udon noodles. It's soft but not mushy. Rib eye steak was good too. It's tender and juicy. 

There's variety of side dishes available including prawns, glutinous rice, noodles, grilled chicken, vegetables, salads, fruits, ice creams and free flow of drinks. So much food but we're still quite full from our earlier tea break. Anyway, there's always room for dessert and I ended my buffet dinner with a slice of tiramisu, a cup of jelly and ice cream. Tiramisu was nice and I love the lemon flavoured grass jelly. Not too sweet and very refreshing. Overall dinner was good.

Oh... by the way, I was so blur that night and mistaken the pepper powder as plum powder. Yeah... just called me "sotong" because I actually sprinkled it on my guava and only found out about it when I ate it! Guess what! It actually tasted quite good. Maybe next time I should sprinkled pepper powder instead of plum powder for my guava. :p



Noble Family Steak House


Restaurant ambience


Restaurant ambience


Prawns


Glutinous rice


Noodles and vegetables


Pickled vegetables


Fruits


Fruits


Salad


Dessert and drinks


Drinks


Rib eye steak - NT 380


Lemon salmon - NT 390


Grilled chicken


Fried egg


My drinks and desserts


Ice cream


Ice cream & chocolate fountain dipped with marshmallows

Address:
Noble Family Steak House
No. 55, Fuxing North Road,
Guishan District,
Taoyuan City,
Taiwan


After dinner, Ben insisted to bring us to this DaYung's Tea shop. This shop is just 1 minute walking distance from Noble Family Steak House. Since we were too full to have any more drinks, we took away a cup of lemon aiyu drink. Aiyu jelly with lemon juice is a popular drink in Taiwan. It's cool, very refreshing and not too sweet.

Note: NT$ 1 = RM 0.1460



DaYung's Tea


Lemon Aiyu - NT 65


Address:
DaYung's Tea
No. 38號, Fuxing North Road,
Guishan District,
Taoyuan City,
Taiwan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah