What snacks to buy from Australia?

I was scratching my head thinking what snacks should I buy from Australia for my niece and nephew age between 3 to 7 years old? I went window shopping at Woolworth, Big W, K Mart and Coles, ended up these were the snacks that I have bought: 1 packet of The Natural "snakes" sweets, 1 packet of The Natural sour squirms sweets, 2 packets of Cadbury chocolates, 3 boxes of Shapes Sizzling Summer (only available during summer), 1 packet of almond nuts and 2 boxes of energy bars.

We shared the snacks among ourselves and my favourite was the Freddo 100s and 1000s which consist of 85% of milk chocolate and 15% of 100s and 1000s. This 100s and 1000s are round, made from sugar and colouring. By the way, Freddo is a chocolate currently manufactured by Cadbury shaped like a cartoon frog standing up and dressed.

There were 2 types of Freddo that we saw - Freddo dairy milk and Freddo 100s and 1000s. I never thought of buying this Freddo 100s and 1000s until I overheard a lady talking to her friend about how delicious this chocolate is. So, I decided to give it a try and it was yummy! I just love the combination of the chocolate and the crunchy sugar balls. Besides Freddo, Caramello Koala consist of dairy milk chocolate filled with a flowing caramel centre. Also manufactured by Cadbury shaped like a Koala standing up and dressed.

The Natural "snakes" sweet was good, made with no artificial colours and flavours. The natural flavours include wild blackcurrant, smooth banana, ripe raspberry and juicy orange. It was delicious, juicy, soft, pliant, not too sweet, fun to stretch, tie in knots and fun to play with. No wonder my niece and nephew like it so much. Apart from snakes, there's this sours squirms - snake like shapes with sour coating. Each squirms has two fruit flavours unlike snakes which only have one.

Besides chocolates and sweets we bought some biscuits as well. My good friend who has migrated to Australia told me that this Shapes sizzling summer from Arnotts is only available during summer and it was good. She was right. It was delicious. If you are reading this, thanks for the recommendation. ;)

So if you ask me what snacks will I buy if I happen to be in Australia again, I will definitely grab a few packets of The Natural "snakes" and Freddo 100s and 1000s....  



Snakes (200g) - $2


Sour Squirms (180g) - $2


Caramello Koala (240g) - $3


Freddo (200g) - $3


Freddo 100s and 1000s (35g) - $1


Yummy Freddo 100s and 1000s (hehehe... looks like Freddo is having chicken pox)


Shapes sizzling summer - Sour cream summer & herbs (180g) (3 boxes for $5)


Shapes sizzling summer - Honey bbq chicken (180g)


Shapes sizzling summer - Flame grilled steak & onion (180g)


Almond nuts (500g) - $5


Nice & Natural Chocolate Nut Bar Almond (180g)


Cadbury Brunch Hazelnut bar (210g)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah