The Penyu (lunch) at Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai - Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

We had both breakfast and late lunch at The Penyu on our 2nd day of stay in Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai. I ordered Nexus decker, a triple decker sandwich with grilled chicken breast, beef bacon, fried egg, sliced tomato, red onion, Gouda cheese and mayonnaise served with crispy french fries while my partner ordered nasi goreng - spicy fried rice with chicken and prawn served with fried chicken and satay.

I love their Nexus decker. Chicken breast was tender, juicy and grilled to perfection. Nothing tastes better than crisp lettuce, extremely fresh and a perfect combination with the juicy chicken breast, beef bacon and fried egg. I was very happy with my meal. Slightly expensive but it's tasty and just the right portion after a heavy breakfast. 

On the other hand, my partner keep stealing my food because mine taste better than his! His fried rice doesn't taste spicy to me at all and I don't really enjoy his food. Before we had our meal, they offer complimentary bread and butter but we couldn't finish it because the bread was flaky and hard. It would be better if it's warm and soft. 

(Prices shown below inclusive 10% service charge and 6% GST)



Restaurant ambience


Complimentary bread and butter


A glass of icy cold water


Nasi goreng - RM 26


Nexus decker - RM 26


Address:
The Penyu
Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai
Off Jalan Sepangar Bay,
Locked Bag 100,
88993 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah