Snacks from Taiwan

I'm a big fan of mochi, a small, soft and chewy Japanese dessert made from glutinous rice flour. At last, I managed to grab 2 packets of mixed mochi and fruit mochi at the airport. Apart from that, I love sun biscuits or also known as taiyang bing, a popular Taiwanese dessert. It has a very flaky crust with a lightly sweet maltose filling. Besides that, I bought a packet of crisp pork with sesame & almond and honey mulberry candy. The crisp pork doesn't taste that good to me but honey mulberry candy is nice. It's soft and gummy. Tarts with nuts are good too. There's macadamia nuts and walnuts mixed with dried cranberries. My partner who loves meat, grab a few packets of beef jerky and Taiwan sausages.

Snow purposely went all the way to Taipei City and got us two boxes of Chia Te pineapple pastry. There's original pineapple pastry, pineapple & egg yolk pastry and cranberry pineapple pastry. I'm not really that kind of girl who likes pineapple but I decided to give it a try and I kind of like the cranberry pineapple pastry. It's crumbly outside filled with dried cranberry and pineapple paste.

Ben got us nougats and peanut crisps from Sugar and Spice. I just love the French nougat. There's four types of nougats - cranberry, almond, toffee and strawberry. My favourite is the cranberry nougat. The nougat does not stick to the teeth and has a strong milky flavour. Alan's mum gave us a packet of Alishan tea. It has a very refreshing taste, smooth with a floral aroma.

If you ask me what snacks I will buy if I happen to be in Taiwan again, most probably I will get a box of Chia Te cranberry pineapple pastry, a box of Sugar and Spice nougat, mochi and sun biscuits.

Note: NT$ 1 = RM 0.14



Sun biscuits - NT$ 140


Sun biscuits


Beef jerky - NT$ 140


Variety of snacks from Taiwan


Chia Te pineapple pastry and pineapple egg yolk pastry from Snow


Chia Te cranberry pineapple pastry from Snow


Sugar and Spice nougats and peanut crisps from Ben


Alisan tea and plums from Alan's mum


Taiwan sausages - NT$ 159 each


Tarts with nuts - NT$ 550 and Taiwan tea from Uncle Xie


Mixed mochi and fruit mochi - NT$ 100 each


Crisp pork with sesame & almond - NT$ 170, honey mulberry candy - NT$ 120 and Wagyu beef jerky - NT$ 420

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah