Nando's, Oceanus - Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

My best buddy first took me to Nandos many years ago. I was a bit hesitant to try new things at first but she told me, you will love it. Well, she's right! It was love at first bite. I really enjoyed their succulent grilled chicken, sides dishes and most importantly their peri-peri sauces. Nandos chicken are marinated in their secret sauce before flame-grilled in your choice of peri-peri sauce. There are 5 types of peri-peri sauces to choose from - garlic, lemon & herbs, mild, hot or extra hot.

My regular order will be 1/4 chicken with 2 sides. I prefer drumstick because they are the best part! My choice of peri sauce will be mild and my 2 regular sides will be either peri chips, peri wedges, garlic bread, coleslaw or corn. You can choose sides from - spicy rice, Mediterranean rice, coleslaw, peri chips, peri wedges, grilled veg, garlic bread, three bean salad or corn on the cob.

I just love the grilled chicken. Chicken grilled to perfection, still juicy and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Chicken is well marinated and you can just eat it on its own. I like to dip the grilled chicken into the hot peri-peri sauce and the whole combination was just perfect for me. However, 1/4 chicken was rather small portion. If you are a big eater you better go for 1/2 chicken. Grilled chicken is best paired with their designer drink - Sparkling Apple (combination of apple juice with Sprite). Apart from that, peri chips and wedges were good too. Crispy on the outside while soft on the inside.

Price stated below excluding 10% service charge and 6 % GST

Update: This restaurant has been closed down.



Nando's (Oceanus branch)


Restaurant ambience and my favourite peri-peri sauce


1/2 chicken with 1 regular side - RM 24.90



1/4 chicken with 2 regular sides - RM 18.90


Warm water & cold water


Address:
Nando's (Oceanus branch)
F37 & F38, First Floor,
Oceanus Waterfront Mall,
Jalan Tun Fuad Stephens, 
88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Tel: 08 - 8273 164
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm daily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah