An unbelievable experience at KFC New Zealand

Whenever I have KFC, it reminds me of this story. So, I decided to blog it and share it with my readers. This is how the story goes...

While we were in New Zealand last year for a short holiday, we decided to try out their KFC chicken. Some people might say eh... Malaysia also got KFC la. You should try their local speciality instead of fast food! Well, if you realize, different country will have a slightly different menu of KFC to suit the regional tastes. So, we ordered this grilled chicken which comes with the peri-peri sauce that we can't find it here in KFC Malaysia. The grilled chicken was delicious and it was a perfect match with the peri-peri sauce! If you happens to be in New Zealand, remember to try out their grilled chicken ya.

We were so tempted by this grilled chicken that we stopped for another round before we fly back to Malaysia. We ordered 10 grilled chicken (don't be shocked because we travelled in 8 pax) and once I opened mine (by the way, the grilled chicken was wrapped in an aluminium foil) the grilled chicken looked ok but when I bit into the chicken, I saw pink. Sigh... I have suffered the misfortune of biting into a not quite done chicken while the rest of the grilled chicken that we ordered was perfectly cooked! I wonder why it always happens to me!!!

So I took the grilled chicken and complaint to the staff. The staff was a foreign worker, (most probably from India) he apologized and told me to wait for a new grilled chicken. I waited for almost 15 minutes and my replaced grill chicken has yet to come. I was wondering what took them so long to replace 1 grilled chicken. So I went back to the same counter and the friendly staff told me to wait for another few more minute as they need to prepare 10 grilled chicken. I told my gang about it and they teased me saying that I heard wrongly. The staff must have said another 10 minutes and not 10 grilled chicken.

Then few minutes later, the friendly staff came and brought me 10 grilled chicken and a free fries!!! He apologized again for the uncooked chicken and the 10 grilled chicken plus the fries were the compensation. Everyone was stunned and speechless. We were like are you serious? The friendly staff just smiled, said yes and walked away. That was the hot topic that we kept on talking throughout our trip back to Malaysia. It was indeed an unbelievable experience for us. I might say they really give us a good impression and provide us a great customer service which exceeds their customer's expectations!

 
 
Grilled chicken comes with peri-peri sauce. Simply delicious!

Comments

  1. Good read. It is astonishing to know their quality of service. This is what the people from developing nations need to imitate or learn from. Thank you for sharing the experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah