Kedai Kopi Jia Hua - Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

I started eating bread when I was in kindergarten. Everyday I have bread (without fail) during recess period. It's either bread with butter, margarine, peanut butter or home made pork floss. No doubt, all my friends called me "the bread girl". Do I get bored by eating the same stuff everyday? Hmm... not really. I used to eat those white rectangular bread sold by Bengali and we called it roti Bengali. They traveled on their motorcycles fitted with a metal box with variety of snacks and bread. Daily around 3.30pm, the bread man will come with his motorcycle honking around our neighbourhood. We will call out to him by using the simple phrase "roti", "roti"! :)

It's been 18 years since I left school and I'm still fond of bread. I've tried this bun at Kedai Kopi Jia Hua in Kota Kinabalu and I really like it. They served either bread or bun with the following combination:

a) Cool butter with kaya bun / bread
b) Cool butter bun / bread
c) Kaya bun / bread
d) Cool butter with peanut bun / bread
e) Peanut bun / bread.

I love their bun as it's really soft and fluffy. Perfect combination of cool butter with kaya bun. I'm not a big fan of kaya because most of the kaya that I've tried is very sweet. However, this shop served very nice kaya. It has a strong coconut flavour and not too sweet. Apart from that I love their egg tart too. Crispy crust with  soft custard. If you happen to be around Bundusan, remember to try their delicious bun and egg tart. 

Remark: Please pay when food / drink are served. All price inclusive of GST 6%



Kedai Kopi Jia Hua


Bread menu


 Cool butter with kaya bun - RM 1.40 each


Closer look at the bun


Egg tart - RM 1.30


Milo 'O - RM 2.70 & Kopi 'O - RM 1.80

Address:
Kedai Kopi Jia Hua
19, Jalan Bundusan,
88300 Penampang, 
Sabah, Malaysia
Business hours: Monday - Saturday 7.00am - 5.30pm
Sunday - Closed
Public Holiday 7.00am - 2.00pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Day 3 (Manila Chinatown - Intramuros - SM Mall of Asia)

The Pines Restaurant (Kinabalu Pine Resort) - Kundasang, Sabah

Hounon Ridge Farmstay & Camping - Kundasang, Sabah